We hope that this note finds you and your children in good health. Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same for our practice, our commitment to your child's safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for us, and you may have seen this during your visits in the past. Our "new normal" infection control processes are made so that when your child receives care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the California Dental Association. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for the next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our children and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office. Keep behind the red tape for social distancing. We will greet you to ask our screening questions.
- We have hand sanitizer to use before entering our lobby, after screening is conducted. We will also take temperatures and record them as part of the screening process.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will only have masks removed for procedures only.
- We will ask you to text us when you arrive, so we can be ready for your screening. Our front door will be secured, because we can only screen one family at a time. Also, only one parent and one child per visit, because of social distancing precautions.
- You will see that our Lobby will no longer offer magazines, books, playhouse and toys. Please bring something to occupy your child. We will further minimize paperwork and conduct most of that online. It is best to have a credit/debit card on file. Please bring your own pen.
- Our appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling appointments, and this is the means we must take to ensure everyone's safety. We appreciate your understanding. Note that in our lobby, do not sit on the red tape.
- We may ask that you wait in the car or under the common area stairs before or after screening to control our patient traffic in our office.
We will do everything possible to make sure you and your child will feel safe and welcome in this new environment. We so look forward to opening our doors June 2, 2020. We hope to see you real soon.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at (408) 259-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Zotovich and staff